Tinnitus evaluations and treatment
Tinnitus is sound that one can hear that is not in the environment. It can be very distruptive and disturbing.
CDH has a comprehensive tinnitus program overseen by CDH physicians and audiologists.
1. Patients see both an otoneurologist, such as Dr. Hain or Cherchi, as well as an audiologist.
2. Hearing tests include tinnitus matching, high-frequency audiometry, sweep OAE, objective tinnitus recording, LDL measurement for hyperacusis, and Masking trials
3. Because CDH integrates together physician and audiology management, we can offer a full spectrum of treatments for tinnitus.
- Device based trials ( masking),
- Medications for underlying ear disorders
- Medications to manage psychological consequences such as anxiety and depression.
- Acupuncture treatment for tinnitus.
- CDH also offers a novel "band limited masking" protocol to produce masking stimuli that are matched to patient tinnitus.
- NEW: CDH also offers "in your ear" recordings of tinnitus -- if you can hear something and think that your doctor should be able to hear it too, we can record it !
Contact us if you are interested in a tinnitus evaluation. The easiest method is to email our reception desk
Back to top